Cove & Kilcreggan Book Festival
Traditionally held at the Cove Burgh Hall, the festival brings renowned authors to a local audience, and usually runs over a weekend in November.
Please check the Festival’s page at Cove Burgh Hall for full details of all the sessions and the featured authors.
The 8th Cove & Kilcreggan Book Festival was held 27-28 November 2021.
In 2021 the line-up included:
- Booker Prize-winner Douglas Stuart, discussing his novel Shuggie Bain
- tartan noir star Denise Mina on her new book Rizzio
- broadcaster Gavin Esler on his latest book How Britain Ends – English Nationalism and the Rebirth of Four Nations
- sports broadcaster, author and social media sensation Andrew Cotter and his dogs Olive and Mabel
- James Robertson discussing his latest novel News of the Dead
- Ailsa Henderson who has co-written a book titled Englishness – the Political Force Transforming Britain.
- Gavin Francis the Edinburgh GP whose latest book, Intensive Care (A GP, a Community & Covid-19), chronicles his experiences of working through a pandemic.
- Kirstin Innes on her book Scabby Queen
- Alan Bissett on his novella Lazy Susan
- Jenni Fagan on her latest book Luckenbooth.
Cove Burgh Hall
Argyll and Bute