Dog Friendly Helensburgh & Lomond
There are lots of great local business happy to welcome you and your dog! We also have many different types of walks and even run-free dog fields to keep your furry friend entertained.
- The seafront promenade runs from the centre of Helensburgh out to Kidston park, and is a lovely level walk on a broad pavement with a grassy verge. It is near a busy road so recommend keeping leads on!
- Hermitage Park also has paved paths
- Duchess Woods
- Ardmore Point (please note that hemlock water dropwort roots (also called dead man’s fingers) which look like parsnips, can sometimes wash up on local shores – these are extremely toxic to both animals and humans).
- Run Free Dog Field Cardross
- Bark in the Park Dog Field in Helensburgh
Please follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and ensure your dog is under control at all times.
Dog Friendly Businesses
The following businesses welcome well-behaved dogs and their owners – please note that some eateries may only allow dogs in their outside seating areas.
The Park Pavilion Café & Kiosk, Helensburgh (has a special doggie ice-cream, dogs allowed inside)
The Beachcomber Café, Kidston, Helensburgh
Fancy Fillings, Helensburgh
Terrace Coffee House, Helensburgh
Humbles Café, Helensburgh
The Perch, Garelochhead
Café at Kilcreggan, Kilcreggan
The Pet Shop, Helensburgh
Home Hardware, Helensburgh
Tweedie, Helensburgh sells a Dapper Dog range of products from leads to jackets and doggie treat bags
The Toy Shop, Helensburgh – please note that if one of their little customers is not a doggy person they would kindly ask the dog to step outside for a minute to allow them to serve the little person without them worrying.
Destination Helensburgh – dog water bowl available
If you have a dog friendly business in Helensburgh and Lomond that is not listed, let us know!